9 things to know before travelling to Maldives with budget of 25,000THB
Yes, you understand correctly. With 25,000 - 30,000THB, you can easily travel at Maldives. Do you wanna know how?
1. You need to go during low season when everything is 50% cheaper than normal price. That includes plane ticket, accommodation, food ... blah blah. Everything will be cheaper. For example, my plane ticket for rounded trip is only 9,xxxTHB. Isn't it superb, haha. (It is Malaysia Airlines which I have heard they would cancel the route to Maldives soon.)
2. I have a chance to talk with manager of the resort I stayed. He said Maldives on low and high season is slightly different. Don't imagine it would be like rainy season in Thailand where rains heavily. At Maldives, it's a little island. If it rains, it would stop within 10 minutes. That's in case you don't face with a storm. Let me laugh for that, hahaha. So, they want tourists to know there is not much difference between low and high season here. The only thing is high season is on holidays, so lots of people come at the same period. When everyone gets day off, everything tends to be more expensive. It just a normal economic theory, haha.
3. Gathering information about Maldives by yourself is like finding a pin in the ocean. Therefore, having a helper is the best solution whether from reviews or travel agencies in Thailand. Not only they provide ferry timetable, accommodation price ... blah blah, they can also find you the accommodation suiting with you requirements. Personally I recommend "Maldives Experts". You can ask everything you want to know. Staffs are very kind.
4. Suitable accommodation under given budget is Garden View or Beach View, not Water Villa type. Bring your focus to activities. No matter where you stay or which resort, most of the area on island is accessible. You can take photos anywhere you want. The low season is during rainy period in Thailand. The lowest price of accommodation on private island is 5,000THB for three-star hotel. However, a person beside me interrupted "If you are going to Maldives but not staying at Water Villa, Koh Kut is good enough". LOL Okay, I don't have enough money. What do you want me to do? Right!? Stepping on Maldives sand makes me extremely excited enough!!!
5. Little more about accommodation. Choose the one near Male or airport because, due to limited budget, we cannot take sea plane. To ask if it's good. I would say yes but according to the budget. Don't be stubborn. We can also travel by ferry. So, the accommodation should be near airport. Try to study and find which reosrt is near corals plus nice view. Traveling expense should be around 5,000THB for round trip to airport. This is map of Maldives. : http://goo.gl/Fa3K5U
6. What others do at Maldives? Let me tell you. It fulfills lifestyle for everyone. If you wanna relax, you can lay down watching sea view all day. However, Maldives has much more activities consisted of snorkeling, free diving, diving, whale shark explorer, windsurf, kayaking and fishing. That's a lot. You can ask from reception or find information by yourself about the price of each activity. Then compare the price with your budget. It is actually same rate to Khao Lak, Thailand. It's not that expensive. More importantly, bring your own fin, mask and snorkeling otherwise you will waste rental charge for 12$ per day.
7. Talk about food. With limited budget, we have to be economical. When choosing accommodation, try to observe the rate;
– Breakfast refers to breakfast only.
– Halfboard provides 2 meals.
– Fullboard offers 3 meals.
– All inclusive includes almost everything such as all-day meal, all cocktails, some type of wine and some activities mentioned above. Such a perfect offer. But referring to our budget, let's just calm down, haha.
At this point, we have small budget. So, don't eat fancy things. We focus on going and experiencing. To bring instant noodles with you is not that bad, haha.
8. Utilize the time wisely. On 10.00 - 11.00AM is when the sea is most beautiful. I mean super duper beautiful like any rubbish cameras can take nice photos. Don't have to mention about underwater animal. There are all kinds of fish and the shark doesn't bite. I guarantee 100% because I have faced with it already. Anyway, it's up to your luck.
9. Lastly, try to plan carefully. Find accommodation that suits you including activities matched with your lifestyle. Anyway, I wish you had an opportunity to visit a place called heaven on earth once in a life time. Thank you.
PS. This review describe information I have been gathering, not referring to my previous trip. On that trip, I stayed at "Vilamendhoo Island Resort Maldives" and I spent maximum at almost everything. I will also write a review for those who have more budget as well. Anyway, don't forget to follow my review.