Award-winning American artist John Legend gets set for for Bangkok debut concert, brought to R&B/soul music lovers by Neekrung Connects
Concert promoter Neekrung Connect is breaking into the scene with Thailand’s first live concert of John Legend, American R&B/soul artist, to music lovers’ delight. The multi-award winning singer, songwriter and pianist is set to give Bangkok for the first time his long-awaited, one-off full live show on March 23, 2018 at BITEC Bangna.
Despite the rapid change in the current music scene, R&B and soul stand the test of time and have proven to be classic genres, especially when the heightened emotions, wonder of words and intricate arrangements are executed with finesse, heartfelt renditions and enchanting vocals. This coming March, fans of R&B and soul music will have the opportunity to get close and personal with one of the scene’s best. John Legend’s long-overdue Bangkok debut concert will charm the audience with his powerful voice and beautiful piano.
An American R&B/soul singer, composer and musician, John Legend has been revered as one of the scene’s finest. Previously the voice and the piano behind hits of many great artists, John Legend stepped into the limelight as solo artist in 2004 with his debut “Get Lifted” that immediately sent him to stardom. The breakthrough single, “Ordinary People”, earned him legions of fans from across the globe, who fell under the spell of his smooth piano, resonating soulful vocal and perplex yet uplifting love songs. John Legend has released five studio albums, earned 10 Grammy Awards and was inducted into the prestigious Songwriters Hall of Fame.
John Legend’s latest album, “Darkness and Light”, was released in 2016 with hit single “Love Me Now” and “Penthouse Floor”. In his Bangkok debut concert, John Legend is sure to mesmerize the fans in what promises to be a memorable, intimate live performance filled with his stellar R&B/soul compositions that include tracks like “So High”, “P.D.A”, “Stereo”, “Save Room”, “Everybody Knows”, “Green Light”, “All of Me” among many others.
John Legend Darkness and Light Tour” will take place at BITEC Bangna on Friday, March 23, 2018 at 8 pm. Tickets priced at 2,500 / 4,500 / 8,000 are available at Thai Ticket Major from December 5, 2017.
- His real name is John Roger Stephens. Hailing from Springfield, Ohio, John started singing at 4 in a church choir. He is now 38 years old.
- While attending University of Pennsylvania, he was introduced to Lauryn Hill who later hired him to play piano in “Everything Is Everything”, her breakthrough single that came out in 1998.
- After graduation, John started working for artists like Kanye West, Jay-Z, Alicia Keys and others as a backup singer and pianist.
- His debut solo album, “Get Lifted”, was released in 2004 and reached number 7 on Billboard 200 Chart, with the first single, “Ordinary People” that features only his vocal and the piano. In 2006, the album received Grammy Award for Best R&B Album, while John also won Best New Artist and won Best Male R&B Vocal Performance from “Ordinary People”
- The critically acclaimed “Get Lifted” earned John the top spot in the music scene, recognized by globally renowned artists like Sergio Mendes, Mary J Blige, The Black Eyed Peas, Fergie and many others. He also performed at Super Bowl XL pre-game in 2006 and the NBA All-Star Game half-time of the same year.
- John’s stage name was coined by J. Ivy, poet, singer and speaker, due to John’s music and sounds that he perceived as great "old-school ".
- John further released four studio albums: “Once Again” (2006), “Evolver” (2008), “Love In The Future” (2013) with hit single “All of Me” reaching number one on Billboard Hot 100 Chart.
- John married American model Chrissy Teigen of Norwegian and Thai descent in 2013. “All of Me” was dedicated to her.
- John’s latest album “Darkness and Light” came out in 2016, when the couple welcomed their first child, daughter Luna Simone Stephens. He's settled into marriage and become a first-time father. This work reflects where he is now, as a man, and what he sees happening in the world around him.
- John had a role in blockbuster musical, “La La Land”, which stars Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling. He played a bandleader named Keith.
- Throughout his career, he received 10 Grammy Awards. In 2015, he received one Oscar and one Golden Globe for Best Original Song for “Glory”, a composition he did for “Selma”. He also received a Tony Award as a co-producer for Broadway’s “Jitney”.
- John has also initiated a campaign called #FREEAMERICA, which strives to change the national conversation about our country’s misguided policies and transform America’s criminal justice system. (http://letsfreeamerica.com/#About)
Press conference "John Legend Darkness and Light Tour in Bangkok" on November 30, 2017 at Emporium Gallery The Emporium Department store.
Dj.PK interviewed Ms. RatanaRong Srilert of The Neekrung Connect Co., Ltd.
Nung Checkawal The Thai Pianist
Tu Phobtorn Thai Single. He cover of John Legend song.
Thai singers, actors and musicians Attend the event.
Interviews and lectures on John Legend's music.
Panadda Ruangwut and Tu Phobtorn
Like I'm Gonna Lose You :: John Legend Cover by Tu Phobtorn and Panadda
Executives and artists, musicians take photo together
Interview about "John Legend Darkness and Light Tour in Bangkok"
John Legend talks about his own concert in Bangkok Thailand
"John Legend Darkness and Light Tour"