Welcome to a very hot summer in Thailand where people are having fun with Songkran Festival. But we feel like we want to go up to the mountain, get some fresh air and see the foggy sea in summer.
This trip happens in April just 3 of us and 1 car.
1. We drive to Tha Yang District and follow the sign of Kaeng Krachan then we will see the sign to Khao Panoen Thung or just search the direction on GPS.
2. Taking a van from Bangkok - Khao Panoen Thung
From Bangkok Bus Terminal
- Tawongpin Tour: Counter No. 12, ticket price 100 THB/ person, Bus departures every 20 minutes from 5.20am. - 8.20pm.
- Fahsai Tour: Counter No. 3, ticket price 100 THB/ person, Bus departures from 5.30am. - 8.30pm. (Tell the driver that you want to get off at Phetchaburi Bus Terminal, near by Wat Tam Kaew)
- Once you get off the bus go to Counter No. 3 Phetchaburi - Baan Wangwon, tell the seller that you want to get off at Daan Sam Yod, Baan Daan Ngo. The ticket price is 150 THB.
3. Taking the train to Phetchaburi Station
Once you arrive at Phetchaburi Station, you need to call for the van Phetchaburi - Baan Wangwon at 089-2600077, 089-2600088. Once again tell them to get off at Daan Sam Yod, Baan Daan Ngo. The ticket price is 150 THB. Also do not forget to tell them where to pick up.
Thank you for the information form Vinai Banrai
This point is Daan Sam Yod, where we need to pay for entrance fee 130 THB per person if we stay overnight at Khao Panoen Thung.
From this point if you do not have a car, you can just hitchhike because they are so kind or contact officer for car rental; day trip 1,600 THB or stay overnight 2,000 THB.
Do not forget the schedule for going up and down:
Time of going up: In the morning 5.30am. - 7.30am. In the afternoon 1.00pm. - 3.00pm.
Time of going down: In the morning 9.00am. - 10.00am. In the afternoon 4.00pm. - 5.00pm.
The national park is closed during August - October.
For more information you can contact the national park directly at Tel. 032-459-293.
Next point is Baan Krang Camp where you will see many butterflies flying around. There is a camping area at this point and tent rental for 350 THB/ 3-4 people. We can even rent the tent from here or you can rent from up there...
After enjoying with all butterflies, it is time to move on....
We suggest that small car should not go up there because it is quite difficult as the road is not smooth and twist.
So we leave our car at Baan Krang Camp and find other joiner for sharing car rental fee and we find 2 of them to join us (2000THB/ 5 people = 400 THB/person).
We arrive at the top later than expect so we miss the beautiful sunset but we still have the wonderful moment.
In the dark night, there is such a amazing sky where stars are shining all over the place. It is such a very good moment.
1. Phone signals are available
2. There are bathrooms at camping area and viewpoint and after 6.00pm. all electricity will be shut off so the way to the bathroom will be quite dark
3. Welfare shop is available for bath set, food, etc.
Waking up early to see the foggy sea....
At KM. 30 Viewpoint
Wow!!!!...The foggy sea in Summer>>>
Coming in Summer is better than in Winter as there are not many people so we can spend more time to enjoy the view.
Next is At KM. 36 Viewpoint
Wow!!! it is so amazing, the foggy sea is just right in front of us.
As we are leaving at 10.00am. we have to go back to the camp and prepare for go back. So we are so regret that we do not have time to wait to see the golden foggy sea when the sunlight is reflex on the foggy sea and change to gold.
At KM. 30 Camping area...
And lastly, we stop by at sun-hemp field which villagers plant them to maintain the soil surface. We are not sure about the period of visiting as we have not seen any body else but the period that we go is in April.
Happy Thai New Year
Goodbye with the yellow field of sun-hemp field, Phetchaburi....