There are numerous of good hotels in Bangkok, but there are just a few places where you can find a comfortable sleep in an unique style, especially in Bangkok's hot spot near hang out center and close to BTS, which I think even more difficult to find one. But the good news is PlayHause Thonglor Hotel & Bar is a design hotel which is located at the middle of Thonglor, Sukhumvit area.
Playhaus Thonglor Hotel and Bar situates on Thonglor Soi 9 and soi 11 next door to Chalachol hair dresser.
How to get there?
It's very easy and convenient, get off from BTS at Thonglor station, then take a walk about 500 meters to Thonglor street or you can take a motor bike taxi at the beginning of the Soi, it's only 10 bath..
It is a small hotel but with outstanding decoration just like time machine, which brings you back to the 60's. The concept of Playhaus is a theater, which on every floor will present different themes and different stories such as Romeo and Juliet, Mary Poppins, Aladdin and Four Reigns. This time I stay in the Mini King, Aladdin theme. The hotel has two room types which are Mini King and Mini Queen.
As check-in we have received a whole check-in box, inside has room key, welcome drink voucher, which we have to get it at Behind The Scene Bar and a story book, this book is for us to take home as a hotel's gift for our memory.
The in-room atmosphere is very difference during day and night, we have arrived during the day and I saw the room in blue tone, then closed the curtain and switched on the light it turned to different color, that is surprisingly beautiful.
There is a bar in this hotel called Behind The Scene, where we exchange our welcome drink, which we have got a voucher when we checked-in. The opening hour is 18.00-23.00. The bar atmosphere is beautifully decorated.
- The design with decoration is very impressive, really really beautiful from lobby to guest room
- Not only beautiful but all facilities and amenities are well selected and good quality, the bed is very comfortable and soft
- I give full point for staff's serve mind
- Just a bit disappointed that no mini bar in the room
- If you come by car, better inform the hotel to arrange your parking due to their limited space. But I think you don't need to drive here because the public transportation is very convenience.
- No worries regarding where to eat and what to eat, Thonglor is the area of restaurant varieties and close to Eight Thonglor Project, where has a lot of places to eat and hang out.
Thank you to Playhaue Thonglor Hotel & Bar for your kind support. :)
Follow me @
Fahpawa - Travel and Outing