Be warned, this is probably the most duriany post you’ve ever come across. We just went to the place in Malacca, Malaysia where all types of durian dessert served! The place called Durian Dreamland 榴莲之乡! You can already smell it, I know, I know!DURIAN IS A UNIQUE TROPICAL FRUITS WITH DANGEROUSLY SPIKY OUTER. THE INSIDE HAS THE BEAUTIFUL YELLOW FLESH THAT SMELLS FUNNY. SOME SAY IT’S SMELLY :/ INCREDIBLY NUTRITIOUS!
DURIAN DREAMLAND 榴莲之乡
When we visited Malacca, Malaysia last time, we stayed on one of the busiest spot in town, Jonker Walk. The street has so many shops bars, and restaurant as it’s totally one of the most famous places in Malacca. We stayed at SydneyBackpackers that’s located just right off Jonker Walk.
Across the street from the hostel we’re staying, quite a few shops but the one I spotted on was this catchy name ‘Durian Dreamland 榴莲之乡’. I was like ‘Wow, this gotta be intense’. Also, wherever I go, I tend to go with the flow and follow the hype so easily. Like, I gotta eat so much sashimi in Japan and a lot a lot of gimchi in Korea. Same thing here in Malaysia, I gotta stuff as much durian into my stomach as much as I could.
7 DIFFERENT TYPES OF SWEET MADE FROM DURIAN
Here we go, no kidding. I drag Kevin to Durian Dreamland 榴莲之乡.. Drag? Yes, not all of people enjoy Durian.. Even though it’s so creamy, sweet and delicious..
The place is full of snacks, chips that you can buy back as souvenirs. In front of the shop, there are storage for durian dessert and a Durian Cendol Making station.
NO KIDDING BUT THIS IS THE MOST TYPES OF DURIAN DESSERT I HAVE AT ONCE.
I headed and pointed at all kinds. ‘One each please’. A staff and the owner were so welcoming and helpful. We even got a complimentary which you will see how colourful and what it was..
NOW, LET’S JUST DIVE INTO ALL THE YELLOW-ISH SWEET TREATS BY DURIAN DREAMLAND 榴莲之乡
- Durian puffs : The brown-ish color and soft from the outside. Inside got such a creamy / but really light and airy kind of durian. I think it’s just pure durian flesh but blended so smoothly. Served cold and it’s just surprisingly refreshing. This is my most favourite one out of all.
- Durian Mochi : This one looks super duper good so I ordered two. Oh my, even softer than the Durian puffs. The mochi could almost just melt itself. The durian cream fill is pretty much the same texture and taste as inside the puffs. This is also my most favourite one! Oh, seems like there are two now!
- Cold Durian crepe : Another soft and smooth. The crepe taste nice and the inside, instead of just durian, it’s a mixture of both the fruit and a really light and airy cream. They compliment one another so so so well!
- Durian Ice-cream : I can tell that they just freeze the blended durian flesh. Pretty simple yet creamy and delicious. Just like you eat durian but add that refreshing temperature to it.
- Durian pudding in egg shells and Durian Parfait : Honestly, these 2 are not really my cups of tea. It’s just too mushy.. Oh, also, I’m not really a fan of pudding in general :/
DURIAN CENDOL AT DURIAN DREAMLAND 榴莲之乡
No, that’s not all, the best bowl ahead. We ended our Malacca Durian Dreamland 榴莲之乡 journey with this bowl of Durian Cendol. If you’re not familiar with Cendol,..
CHENDOL IS THAT GREEN DESSERT MADE OF MUNG BEAN FLOUR OR RICE FLOUR, AND PANDAN JUICE. IT’S COMMONLY FOUND IN SOUTHEAST ASIA AND IS POPULAR IN INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, BRUNEI, CAMBODIA, EAST TIMOR, VIETNAM, THAILAND, SINGAPORE, AND BURMA
For some of you who are not familiar and don’t really have it where you are but still would love to give it a go! That’s product of Thailand!
CRAZY! DURIAN X COCONUT
The durian cendol is a normal cendol that happened to have pieces of durian flesh on top and also underneath the icy sweeten coconut milk . Just, whoa! and since it’s a whoa-kind of durian dessert, I finish the bowl almost by myself. Kevin was already like, ‘Dang, what a durian day and I can’t stand it’
MUSANG KING DURIAN ?
Durian Dreamland 榴莲之乡 also serves Musang King Cendol. I was not so sure what it was exactly. We found out later it’s a type of durian that claimed to be king of durian. The price also twice as expensive than the other ones.
We didn’t try it this time but hang on tight, we did try this very type of durian in Kuala Lumpur with our Malaysian friends and I will be sharing about it so soon.
It was a nice short visit to Durian Cendol at Durian Dreamland 榴莲之乡while we’re in Malacca. I sure recommend the place if you’re in town and would love to try some dessert made of this unique tropical fruit called Durian. Not all the people love it but you maybe do! The desserts were all nice and you don’t find the place where they serve 7 different kinds all at once so easily elsewhere but Malaysia!
Oh! Here’s a sweet treat we got as a complimentary from the owner of the shop. Blueberry ice-cream mochi. Refreshingly fruity but hey, it couldn’t really beat the duriany ones <3
Durian Dreamland @ 榴莲之乡
Address : 125, Jalan Hang Jebat, 75200 Melaka, Malaysia
Phone : +60 16-666 8368
Hours : 10AM-10PM
All copy and photos are original content by me.
TO SUPPORT WITH LOVE 💙 PLEASE SUBSCRIBE!!! TO MY SUPER DUPER AWESOME YOUTUBE CHANNEL :)
Way Beyond Padthai
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 2:48 PM